Monday, January 18, 2010

Wheel Accessible Debit Machines

My daughter and I went in to Best Buy to purchase a few movies as she is a movie buff. She gets up to the counter and the gentleman takes her debit card and then kindly points to me and asks if I can put in her information. It seems that the debit machine holder is screwed on to the counter. He apologizes that I have to assist my daughter and we discuss how this really doesn't work for more then just anyone who is in a wheelchair. Upon arriving home I ask my husband why the machines are bolted on to the counter? It seems that people are steeling the debit machines when no one at that particular station. I am told that the debit machine holds your personal information in it for a period of time and the thief is trying to get your personal information while it is still available.
What other options are out there for the consumer as well as the bank?

1 comment:

  1. One thing that drives me nuts is when a store has nice wide aisles but the staff has decided that the floor space would make a great place to add a display unit. Being a wheelchair and stroller pusher has really opened my eyes to this. I have actually backed out of a store without making a purchase because i would end up having a hard time getting around it.

    ReplyDelete