Saturday, January 16, 2010

A wheel family

My youngest daughter was born with severe cerebral palsy and was in a wheel chair from the age of 9 months until she passed away at the age of 10 years, 8 months and 7 days. Two years later my husband had a surgery and is in a wheel chair part time. Just over one year ago my oldest daughter was in an accident and has a quadriplegic injury and is currently in a wheel chair.
My goal over the next year especially during the winter is to make the block that I live on wheel accessible - real accessible. Our family has talked about this and it is not just those in wheel chairs that this would make a difference to but those in scooter, walkers and parents who jog with their kids in the jog stroller.

Anybody else have any of these concerns?

No comments:

Post a Comment